Old 08-20-2019, 08:01 PM   #121
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
That other reckless conviction will definitely hurt this second time around but we are talking about a place that sends people to jail for doing a burnout and/or speeding.

The State seems like it needs money bad and it's citizens are paying for it dearly. I'd take this whole situation as a wakeup call to move out of Georgia quick before going

to prison for a parking tickets happens.

I seem to get a ticket every time I go through GA. The last one was a few years ago. I was doing 84 in a 70. It was like 400 plus another 200 tacked on because anything over 83 or something is considered a “super speeder”. In Florida on the other hand you can blow past cops at 88 on the interstate and they don’t even care. It seems like around 2008
when the housing market hit most states went nuts with the speeding fines. Luckily I rarely get tickets. I occasionally get pulled over but let go because I’m not and ass and don’t make up lame stories. I went around a turn at 70 in a 45 zone. I dropped to the speed limit after the fun turn was over and went about my drive. About a mile later I see a cop behind me and he turns on his lights. Turns out he was at the intersection right near the turn and saw me. He said something like, “is there some reason you are driving like a mad man”. I responded saying “I’m not going to make up a dumb story, I was just having fun”. He laughed and said he’s never gotten a response like that and let me go. I’ve been let go with a warning way more times then I’ve gotten tickets.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote