CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi788 View Post
Great question.

Over the weekend I participated in both a track day and an autocross with brand new RE71Rs. Previously, I have been on a set of maxxis rc1s for the past 35+ track events. With the RE71Rs installed, I found myself stiffening the suspension quite a bit more than usual to get the car to behave as I like.

When I got to the point to where the car felt right I noticed I would loose grip (rather violently) mid-corner on flat corners. The only thing I can think to compare the violent loss of grip to would be like trying to slide a piece of tape across a table. It grips for a little bit, then abruptly lets go. But then it grips again, until it lets go.

It was minimal at the track but at autocross it seemed to be more of an issue. I talked to my teams engineer and he suggested that I continue stiffening the rear, run a stiffer spring rate or swap the sway bars. So I figured I would try the sway bars first because they are still stock.
Based on your post, I would disagree with the engineer.

What behavior do you want, and what is it actually doing? What did it do before, and how did it change?

It sounds to me like you may just be adjusting to the extra grip, or the dampers are not quite liking the range of motion the RE71R is subjecting them to. It almost sounds like you have bind or rubbing.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote