View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #46
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
I agree. I wouldn't say I beat the living hell out of mine, but I get into boost almost every chance I get on my hour long commute to work each day. I don't want to make it sound like it was a set it and forget it affair though. I am not running on a basemap and have spent the time and money to ensure my tune is running properly. I have all the tools to monitor my car and ensure it continues to perform properly. I have had small issues like a coupler blowing off and have added parts like the FBM radiator and oil cooler to make sure the car runs properly. I still generally believe this motor is very forgiving and can take a proper amount of boost, fuel, and timing for a long time and many miles.
I probably baby my car, but I do open it up every once and a while. Just can't help it at times

Well put though. Thats basically the point I was trying to make.

I think too many people get into the F/I scene without properly educating themselves first. Nothing wrong with learning as you go (which is what I did many years ago), but you need to be a step ahead even if only by a little.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote