Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSport View Post
A prepped C5 is going to be, on the low end, $5k more than a prepped FRS and have twice the consumables. I'd probably pull the trigger on a clean $15k C5 prepped for track days if I could find one. Closest I've come is $18k 2000 miles away (so $20k all in). That's $10k above the FRS. At that price point, I'd spend more and either get a C6 (so I could swap wheels with my C7- they're almost identical sizes and offset) or go straight Spec Boxter and join all my friends.

Also, the FRS I'm looking at has a extra set of wheels and 2 extra sets of tires included.
You have a track prepped 86 ready for purchase for 10k and you're not driving to get it right now?

My old c5z is selling for 18k and it has 55k on the clock. I mean deals are out there.... IMO it's a wash between a c5z as it comes and a track prepped twin in terms of consumables. C5z parts are cheap and they're reliable out of the box. What would you really need to upgrade on a c5z besides safety? Whereas to seriously track a twin with some reliable and decent hp you're dropping coin. Depends on how far you take hp and how much you're really modifying the car.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote