Hotlink Terrorist

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ Spec S
Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,196 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synkronicity View Post
Questions would be:
  • Is it bad to continuously stall the car?
  • Any tips to learning stick/manual?
  • How long did it take for you to learn stick?
  • Did I get a good price on my car?
  • My dealer didnt drill holes in the front of the car for the license plate, should I get the towing plate thing for it or just get it drilled in? I have OCD and the off center look looks weird (i kinda answered my own question)
First, congratulations on your new ride!

1. It's not great, but it doesn't really hurt. You are going to do that a lot as you learn the friction zone where the clutch starts to bite. I've driven manual for decades, (wow, that was depressing, but I digress) and the twins' clutch is very vague. It's like putting two condoms on the clutch pedal.

2. Practice in a parking lot away from obstacles and level ground. Having a passenger with you to watch for other cars and poles and such is good. You can concentrate on your clutchwork without running the risk of missing something coming from other directions. The best way to get good is like any skill, go do it, do it every chance you get.

3. You are never done learning. Every car feels different too so every one you jump in, even if you have been driving for years, will take a little time to get used to it. If you are new, it could take a while. If you are experienced it could take three stoplights.

3 and 4 are based on your market. I have no reference for stateside market.

Good luck with you practice.
themadscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to themadscientist For This Useful Post:
Koa (05-23-2015)