View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #127
Yoda

Drives: Crystal Black BRZ(Sophia)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris86 View Post
The tuner also stated that if I do not find any vacuum leaks, then my motor isn't holding compression.

what I find weird is that the car has a wont idle once is cold, I have to keep my foot on the throttle to prevent it from stalling, but once it warms up, it idles perfectly, if I shut off the engine and start back when its hot I don't need to apply any throttle

my mechanic is saying that the piston rings need some more time to be seated and then my compression will go up.

whats you guy thoughts on this?
This brings me back some fond memories of my last turbo project. A sage laid some knowledge on me in its simplest form to help me troubleshoot issues like this. Three things you need to have combustion; spark, fuel, air. If you are sure spark and fuel are good then you can dive into air. Check for vac leaks, check the compression of the engine, check maf and all the way down the tree for air. You will find the problem. I had the opposite of your problem and it turned out to be the fuel pump. Also could be a simply grounding issue. Good luck you are almost there!
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoda For This Useful Post:
Kris86 (05-05-2017)