Old 10-16-2018, 08:29 AM   #49470
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo419 View Post
I swear I work with the DUMBEST people on Earth.

Project manager: do we have any of these rare and very specific part in the warehouse? Foreman needs them for a job he went to this morning that's about 2hrs away from you.

Me: Nope.

PM: There used to be some in this one spot I failed to mention in the last email.

Me:*goes and checks* nope. perhaps he should have asked about them when he was here in the warehouse picking up the truck to go to the job. I'll check with our 2 vendors that sell this stuff. Hopefully they have enough of this rare part on the shelf and we don't have to order them from the factory in Pennsylvania because he's not going to be able to finish this job today or even this week for that matter.

I swear these people are on the spectrum. they wait until they are at the job to realize, "oh shit. I need stuff to do this.". it's not like this is some sort of every new job is unique. it's pretty straight forward and everything that is needed should be identified in the take off. best case scenario we have to drop everything we are doing. Go and pick up these up at a vendor and drive the 2hrs+ each way to this job for parts that are worth a couple bucks a piece. worst case we have to order them and pay a penalty to the customer for not being finished on time and lose all our profit on the job. Hopefully it doesn't make us lose money and we have to do all this work and running around like idiots for nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo419 View Post
This is the type of shit I have to put up with. Instead of just taking a pic and texting some info under it I get this.

A pic of a picture on a phone sitting on a note pad with details written on it.

edit x2. got it.
It isn't restricted to where you work now. I work for the second largest parts manufacturer in North America (4th largest in the world) and this shit happens everyday. Some of it comes right from the top. As long as humans are involved things will be screwed up.