Old 08-21-2018, 06:43 AM   #7
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoskaze View Post
You don't need it, I have one but our turn signal stalk doesn't stop (or have resistance) in the middle , so it's a
nuisance to use it. I end up just pushing it all the way 70% of the time.

There, save your 50 dollar for something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang70Fastback View Post
Tap Turn is the original. I will always support him, rather than the massive company that used their advertising might to sell basically identical modules. Nothing really against them, but I prefer to buy the original. Also I love it.

Not really sure what @chaoskaze is talking about, but his turn signal stalk must be broken, as I don't have that issue. The tap-to-signal function is great, and it's all I ever use when changing lanes.

I even have a video showing all of the features (though the approach and departure lighting was disabled.)

And let me head off some inevitable comments:

The tap to signal feature is useful. The approach/departure lighting is VERY useful at night, especially when you have bright LED turn signal bulbs. The strobe feature might seem "silly" but is great in situations where you really want to draw attention to the car, and have people avoid you - like on the highway.

Yea not sure what @chaoskaze is referring too, I've had tapturn on my car for 3 years now with no issues, and the convenience of the tap lane changes is well worth it especially with LEDs. I've had it setup for more 5 flashes and it plenty of time for turns in a turning lane and other situations.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
gpvecchi (08-21-2018), Stang70Fastback (08-21-2018)