Old 09-23-2016, 12:02 PM   #10154
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
Lucid you got rid of the .5s and capped the wires right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By the .5s I assume you mean the smaller pack of 2 batteries that had the Phantom brick connectors and all that?

Yeah, I removed those batteries and insulated the wires from the harness so that they didn't hit anything or cause a short / ground.

So, two steps forward, one step back at the moment. The overall setup was working well for a few days, reading 28.X on the volt meter, boost and all.

Yesterday morning when I was driving to work, the charger started up abnormally and the voltmeter read 16-17.X, then went back to 20.X and wouldn't charge past that.

After work the voltmeter read 29.X and would not show drain on the batteries, even when I could activate the charger, hear it was running, and feel it as well.

It seems different than when one of the batteries was dead, because it seems to be working but the voltmeter isn't indicating it.

Something tells me wiring came a bit loose and might have messed with it. When I got home I tightened everything up and tested the batteries, but only the 25V series connection so maybe one of them is bad which would suck since I just bought them. Wonder if something shorted the batteries causing the sudden charger run and then the voltmeter issues. Check your connections, kids!

Any way to troubleshoot the voltmeter / get a replacement? Or has anyone seen this issue before? Or did I just kill a week old battery? Lol.