View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 11:18 PM   #108
Lincoln Logs

Drives: #337 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
I feel like a suit is just wasted money considering the level of driving and competition you're competing in.

I'd say your money would be better spend on a high quality helmet and some sort of HANS system. If you oversteer and go off track into a wall or into a ditch, that racing suit will do nothing. A HANS system, on the other hand, may help prevent you from living the rest of your life paralyzed.

Watch here:

Driver has no HANS device. Passenger does. Look at the difference in head movement upon impact.
HANS can't be used without a harness, which requires a FIA seat AND a roll bar to properly mount the harness. Simpson makes a hybrid head and neck restraint (HNRS) which can be used with the factory seats. A fire suit is a great idea for anyone doing HPDE. Fires happen, and I'd rather look silly wearing a suit and have my skin incase one happens.

Any car running an aftermarket oil cooler has an increased chance of fire. Oil lines fail, fittings can break. Things happen. The more modified your car gets, the higher the risk in my opinion. I've seen cars catch on fire at autocross, 20 minute track sessions increase the odds.
Lincoln Logs is offline   Reply With Quote