View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 12:10 AM   #120
Clash0901
2 ugga dugga's

Drives: Nike
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Where would you say most of the large unexpected costs came from?
Answer: Definitely the Motec ECU and the engine wiring harness. Then after that all the other aftermarket stuff I had to go with for my power goals (single turbo, built head, better trans, diff, axles, etc)

If you were to do it again, how much cheaper do you think you could do it the second time around?
Answer: Maybe save myself a grand total of $3,000? That's if I went with a Haltech or ECU Masters and then other tidbits that I just had t do twice over because this was my first time around.

What do you think has been the single most difficult task in the project?
Answer: Definitely clearancing the trans tunnel and fitting the engine and trans. I consider those all part of 1 grand total task. Runner up to this would definitely be random BS. Examples: parts plain old not fitting, having to custom make certain things because not every part is available for these swaps, dealing with fitting an aftermarket intake manifold, etc.

I'm a pretty decent mechanic and very knowledgeable in the aftermarket industry. Sadly, there isn't a really huge direction that I could have gone in any aspect of this experience that would have made a big difference. If anything, it could have been MORE expensive in certain aspects. I'm not entirely satisfied with my coolant lines to the heater core and a few other small things but i'm making it work for now. There's a lot of things that could have been "cleaner" if I had spent more money.
HaXx (11-07-2020)