View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 12:31 AM   #36
CamoFRS

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just got my letter in the mail yesterday. Called my nearest dealership and was able to get the recall service scheduled for the first week of February. They said it will take a week, so I asked for a loaner car during that time and they said they'd give me one. Just something to push for if your car is on the recall list.

So, I have a customer account with the dealership and their parts department sends out an automated email whenever parts are ordered against your account. This afternoon I got an email saying that my "SPRING VALVE KIT", part no. SU003-08062, has been ordered. After a quick google search I was able to find the PDF with the instructions for the safety recall. You can find it by going to the link below:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...8V772-1294.pdf

The kit is sold by several dealerships for ~$100, but that's because it's mainly the springs and the seals that get replaced when you access the springs. The work involved with getting to them is pretty extensive.

Hopefully this helps!

Last edited by CamoFRS; 01-17-2019 at 11:45 AM. Reason: wrote "seals" when I meant to say "springs"
CamoFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CamoFRS For This Useful Post:
Brink (01-17-2019), Takumi788 (01-17-2019)