CatDaddysBBQ

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaaaxo View Post
Thanks, everyone.

Ultimately, I'd like to learn how to drive manual for 'just to know' reasons, but don't know how tedious it'll get after awhile, even though no one really seems to complain about shifting for performance reasons.

Any insight on the suspensions?

I read that some of the models are tail-happy, exactly how tail-happy are we talking? I'm still young & I have careless moments (work in progress, happens to the best of us though), so I don't want to end up in a ditch. I know it's not a Ferrari or anything, but I don't live in sunny Philadelphia & I've had some (probably inevitable) complications with driving during the past winter. Does the handling balance out the tail-happiness of it?

Boston's weather was pretty bad this year as we had 110 inches of snow... will definitely need snow tires esp with the RWD. The roads get busted preceding winter season due to all the salt/ice/plowing. Potholes here and there.
It's a rwd car with a LSD. Its tail happy.

But as far as those go, this one is not overpowered, so if you are getting into your first rwd car, it's a good start. Leave TC and ESC on and it won't get out of control whatsoever.

As far as snow is concerned, make sure you get a second set of snow tires (better yet a second set of wheels and snow tires). It doesn't make the. Car GReAT in winters, but doable.

I'd really ask yourself if you are buying it because it looks cool or if you really want a small, rwd sports car, because that's what you are buying. If you DO, than the impractical side of it and the winter issue is worth the trouble. If not, it's probably going to be a decision you regret.
CatDaddysBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote