ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
Really a need to post this in
Multiple places at the same time? If you're calling it a DIY you should probably tell them how to connect the left and right audio properly including pics as well as provide some evidence that the mic you have chosen has surpassed OEM spec. I know for a fact that the majority of aftermarket mics are junk.
Yes, there was a need. There wasn't a single place where the info should be and there were numerous threads on the tipic where people were asking the same question. I wanted to link them to the same 2 places.

There's no need to post "how" to connect left and right channels for a mic. It's a mic and audio doesn't need to balance for a mic. So even if they are reversed, it will not make a difference. If a mono mic is used, then it certainly won't matter. If the channels are reversed and you want them correct, which you won't know unless you balance the audio during a phone call, swap the wires over before placing the unit back...problem solved...it isn't rocket science. The biggest thing I wanted to get across was the change in color of the ground wire; other than that, nothing else matters.

I didn't take pics every step of the way and I'm not pulling it back out until next week when I have time.

I'm an MECP Master with a couple of degrees in computer & electrical engineering.

All mics aren't created equal and by no means is the Pioneer mic the absolute best on the market. My purpose was not to start a debate about which mic was the best. There are numerous threads of people having issues with their factory mic, this is a solution. The same is true of aftermarket mics, this is a solution. Threads exist about the placement of aftermarket mics with an aftermarket headunit, this is a solution.

If you don't like what I'm posting or feel it is unnecessary, tell a moderator. I posted this at the request of forum members, not to appease you in particular.

Last edited by ecko04; 05-10-2013 at 11:48 AM.
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote