Old 05-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #1907
zygrene

Drives: 1991 Formula Red NSX
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryUyede View Post
Haha...thanks?

I just get a little tired when The Genesis Coupes get so much praise...I Don't understand it. Have people forgot what sports cars are supposed to drive like?...or are the people who Drive Genesis coupes and rave about them the people who haven't driven anything else 'sporty' .

If someone ever gives you their opinion about how a car drives, It goes a LONG way knowing what that persons owned and driven.

In the past 4 months ive driven ALOT of cars. '05 Carrera, '11 Bentley GT (bosses car), '12 mustang V6+V8, '13 GC 2.0T, G37, 370z, '12 GTI, '12 Civic Si, Fiat 500 Abarth, '12 MX-5, AP2 S2000, '10 RX-8, '10 Evo x,'07 S4 and a '13 320i/328i.

My comparison? If i could Draw a triangle with 3 dots, The 3 dots being a MX-5, AP2 S2000 and a RX-8, i'd put the FRS Dot RIGHT in the middle...i feel it has attributes and character cues akin to all three of these cars.

Anyone think i'm crazy?

BTW, the impression i get from a Genesis Coupe? A 2-Door RWD Sonata That desperately wants to be a G37
Up until my test drive of the auto 2013 GC 2.0T, I had really never driven a sporty car before besides a GTI for about 10 minutes. I had high expectations and was very excited to test the GC, but was left completely unimpressed. I'm not sure what a lot of people see in the car. It feels big and heavy. Fast, yes, but with not much driver-car connection at all. In all honestly, I found my old '97 106hp 2400lb Civic LX to be a far more engaging car to drive. The steering wheel had lots of feedback and I could tell what was happening at all times, whereas the GC just goes fast without telling you, until you see the speedo. The Civic was a crude car, but in a way it was that crudeness that kept me alert and attentive while driving it. I just traded it in for a 2011 Audi A3 2.0T S-Line 6MT, which is a fun and luxurious little DD, but now I miss my Civic. I guess I never fully appreciated it until it was gone.
zygrene is offline   Reply With Quote