View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #54
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks so much Dezoris (you don't look like a Dezoris) for another great video. Always have enjoyed your stuff. I think you echoed here what I have been feeling the whole time on this issue:
Quote:
SHOULD PEOPLE WORRY?

I think after removing and replacing them, one thing is clear and please use the illustration below. If the seal has failed, symptoms will appear and persist. It's not something that will come and go. Rough idle and popping from the intake won't just magically disappear if the seal is gone. Misfires will also be common, and you may get a CEL or rough idle but no popping.

If you have the issue, you will know and take care if it right away.
If you have some idle drop, a pop once you never hear again. It's likely not the seals.

Its totally possible a failing seal will cause some random issues, however they will get worse and more prevalent until seal disintegrates.

If you are running a stock car under warranty, drive it like normal, and don't worry until symptoms are frequent (AKA Almost every drive).

If you go and pound the hell out of the car and up and down the rev band, and don't have any strange pops or misfires, chances are you are totally fine. Again, its something that would show itself with symptoms.
I feel the same way. I simply am not going to worry until there is an issue and then I will get it addressed one way or the other. The work you did on this was informative and it is nice to see that people still put their money where their mouth is vs just being an internet mechanic...
thill is offline   Reply With Quote