Thread: BRZ vs E46 M3
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #16
KeepGuessing

Drives: e30 150 deville etc etc
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I ran into the window regulator problem about 3 times in as many years along with a nagging issue with the sunroof coming off the tracks (5 times total), however that was covered by a dealer warranty (not the original ) .....last "electrical problem" i faced was a HK door tweeter that popped, but that only happened once and happened surprisingly while the car was off and parked, never figured that out.

As for the Vanos issue, that problem was solved within weeks of the discovery in the M52 world, loctite solved it, absolutely solved it..However if you wanted to 1 up and get a factory solution they fixed it a few years into the e46 M3 with a new specd set of locking bolts (could just be swapped out the same time you replaced your vanos unit)

The sub frame issue i see was brought up also..that was just the nature of the beast, it's still a problem.. You either reinforced it yourself or bought an aftermarket unit..And when you do that you run the risk of splitting steel else where. I knew a few people who's strut mounts cracked out due to a combination of bushing density and lack of reinforcement in enough locations to distribute the force on that plate. but it was all do-able..

but these were the reasons I traded out for the E36 M3..much better M all around imho, i was never a fan of the e46 generation going into it and still was not a fan coming out of it. Too soft overall, much more "woman" centric M-car...makes sense since it was bangles first debacle..
KeepGuessing is offline   Reply With Quote