View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 03:02 AM   #11493
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had a couple moments this evening, one good and one bad.

Was on 101S heading back to SJ from MTV, second lane from the carpool and came up on a slow car (probably going 60 or 65ish). Carpool lane was completely open and no traffic around us, so I blip downshifted to 5th, swapped lanes, and passed him super easy. Felt great, especially because I've seen more hate/dislike the past couple weeks on the stock car's "power" (or lack of).

Then a shitty moment: was making a turn onto my street at an intersection with traffic lights but isn't super well-lit. It's one way to one way, so I was in the left-most lane to make the turn, the light was just about to turn yellow as I entered the intersection. Did a scan of the crosswalk to make sure nobody was crossing, and I started going through at probably 20mph. Of course a guy in dark clothes decides to sprint across as I'm already 2/3 into the intersection and 1/3 into the crosswalk. Had to stomp on the brakes for him.

Obviously pedestrians always have right-of-way, but it's just lame since I had my signal on as I drove up to the intersection, it's bright, the walk signal was obviously done by that point for the light to change from green to yellow, and the guy had to be unsafe about crossing. *facepalm* oh well.
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote