View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
l0aded
Addicted

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
If you are not an expert on sound I would recommend just going the OEM Audio+ route. Even if you bought the parts custom you would still have to tweak a bunch of things to get the perfect sound output.

The OEM Audio+ is appealing since:
1) Takes 3-5 hours to install instead of multiple days.
2) Build quality is excellent and the fitment is perfect (maximizes trunk space because the sub enclosure is made for the frs/brz and fits snuggly in the awkward side spots in the car)
3) Leave all existing wires intact, no cutting/splicing (besides the small cut you make in the cloth behind the woofer to get the wires in.
4) Looks stock (could be a con if that's not what you want).
5) Minimize surprises. One thing I realized after doing a bunch of aftermarket stuff is things never go perfectly. The last thing you want is realize you bought a 100 dollar speaker that doesn't really fit.
6) Warranty / Customer service is great.
7) No sound tuning required

Also as thill said the DSP amplifier is amazing. It'd be hard to beat this amplifier even with a 500 dollar amplifier budget.

My only complaint is the bass could be a little more explosive. IMO this is more of a SQ setup (the sound quality is seriously amazing) but if you want to impress your friends by shattering their windows with monstrous bass you might want to go another route. You will still need to deaden the vibrations in your car with the OEM+ though as it will cause things to shake.

I really feel like they should have made this an option when buying the car.
Phantom Supercharger | Tsudo Cat-Back Exhaust | K&N Drop-in Filter | Winjet Headlights | Opti-coated | 35/20 Tint | Radar/Dashcam Hardwired | OFT tuned | OEM Audio+ Reference 400CF | Uber Sound Deadened | LED DRL strips | JPM Coachworks Kneepads
l0aded is offline   Reply With Quote