View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 01:29 PM   #7
Cooperdh
Hot Lava Lover

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S- lava
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Update

So the squeaking came back and I took it to the Toyota dealer yesterday. They spent about an hour working on it and I drove away to do some errands. Sure enough, the squeaking came back. I was pissed to say the least and drove it back to the dealer. The technician took a look at it and confirmed that the noise was coming from the inside as opposed to the exposed clutch area. They took an hour researching the issue and the rep told me that the technician spoke to Toyota's engineers and they only found one case where this was an issue. In that case, they opened up the transmission and determined that it was a lubrication issue. He told me that if it was a lubrication issue, it would not be covered under the warranty and I would have to pay for it.

The rep said that it could also be a clutch issue in which case it would also not be covered. He said that they could open it up and if there is indeed a part that is covered under the warranty, then no problem. I asked him if the one case that was a lube issue, did the customer have to pay. He couldn't tell me so I spoke to the service manager. I explained to him what was going on and he said the squeaking was actual common. I was pissed and told him that was not what the rep told me. Any way, he spoke to Toyota and they will cover the charge to open it up and lube the fork or fix any other problems, except if it is the clutch. I said fine, do it.

I spoke to a tech at a different place and he said it sounded like the throw out bearing. He said Subaru has had this problem and it was just a matter of replacing it and putting a rubber sleeve around it to protect it. I will find out Monday what happens.
Cooperdh is offline   Reply With Quote