HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,133 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrooks View Post
Come on team, I'm not here to make enemies. I'm just stating what I feel in the car. So in case you were put off and moved on before you finished reading my post, below is a snippet of what you must have missed.

"I do enjoy the car. The balance is great. the "turn in" and "set" is about as good as any car I've ever driven. The rear rotation at turn in is just right. I look forward to my next track day. This will be my first track experience with a low hp car. Should be fun in the corners
Cheers"

See you at the track.
ya could have left it at that, great handling....the torque dip crap is so old and boring to read...it is triggering because first off ya bought a car with a small NA engine....and in practice it is a load of crap! If you can "feel" the torque dip, then ya need to downshift the way I typically drive, once my car is warmed up I take first all the way to redline and when I shift into 2nd it is at around 5K RPM, above the "torque dip"....and remember I got the engine with the "major dip"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2subaru View Post
You know full well you don’t get “stuck” in torque dip land. You come out on the other side eventually...

It’s not a “major” problem but I’d still prefer that it wasn’t there.
eh well the way most people describe it, to me it sounds like they are eternally stuck in torque dip land so much so that apparently keeping the revs between 5 to 7 K is no longer viable. maybe some folks here are truly stuck in torque dip limbo??
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HKz For This Useful Post:
new2subaru (10-08-2019), Tcoat (10-08-2019)