View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #7
nalc

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited 6MT GBS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So the next step is to figure out where to mount these. I may end up converting my Legacy SWCs (which I already cut up) and trying to sell my Impreza SWCs (which are still intact), or I may wire it up to have two sets, driver's side and passenger's side, since it looks like it shouldn't be too hard to convert the Legacy SWCs to work with the BRZ.

Here are some pics. I will probably end up retaining the silver fairing and just repainting it, as the buttons look bad without one. Depending on how I need to make it fit, I can trim off some of the flanges to make it smaller.

Any thoughts on mounting? I am leaning towards the right side of the steering column. I have a Limited so there's nothing there besides the blank keyfob cover plate, and that plate seems like a sturdy surface that I could mount the SWCs to. I'll trim the fairing to get rid of that big corner sticking out, and if I do that, I'll probably try to sell the Impreza SWCs and just use the Legacy with the new resistors. Otherwise, I could do to the left of the steering column just above the trunk release, and then use another set on the passenger side. Putting them in the heated switches spot would be nice too, but then I'd need to relocate the heated switches. I was thinking about buying another cubbyhole/USB/Aux piece, and cutting a piece of metal to cover the cubbyhole opening. Then I could put the heated seat switches up there (like a NC miata), and put the SWCs where the heated seat switches used to be. I'll have to do some mock-ups, which I won't be able to do until the weekend after next, although I'll order SM resistors this week to try converting the Legacy SWCs to work. Looks like the ones on there are about 1mm, so hopefully I can find the correct size.

Last edited by nalc; 07-08-2013 at 09:05 PM.
nalc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nalc For This Useful Post:
DelayedBRZ (08-12-2013)