View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 10:30 AM   #283
Reamer

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceHeader-MT View Post
No apologies necessary. We will have both versions soon and this discussion will be a thing of the past

I can't say exactly what kind of benefits the center has over the twin tip. We have spent a lot of time on the under-car aero and this design fit our needs (for the time being). With this kind of aero project we just listen to the pros, smile and nod.

Disclaimer- To those considering this center exit for aero purposes, be aware that we have a custom designed aero package. A single component by itself may or may not make a huge difference. Each piece is a collective part of the entire car.
Doesn't all of the aero purposes go out the window when you add a diffuser? I'm going with the center exit for aesthetics, but it does take a little more work to look 'right' for the street over the dual tip design so I don't blame people for waiting on that. I installed the Diode Dynamics Turn as Tail kit last week and I have 2 exhaust hole covers ready to go on when the center exit installed, then I'm thinking a Driveway Labs Type 2 diffuser to eliminate any concerns about the 'parachute' effect with the stock bumper. Hopefully it'll be as clean and functional as I'm picturing without going through the work of cutting the bumper and doing something custom.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote