Old 08-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #30
Ironsquid
King of Kiwi Palace

Drives: Faster than you
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4evah View Post
The math is lies though, LOL. If they had the same power to weight, they would have the same quarter mile trap speeds.

BRZ trap speed: 93-94mph
Evo X trap speed: 99-102mph

Trap speeds have nothing to do with traction, OR driving ability, they're a pure measure of power to weight, and to a smaller extent, gearing.

That said, I have an Evo X MR Touring making 125whp more than stock, but I'm looking at selling it to get an FR-S. The Evo X is an amazing machine, but I'm a little weary of it. It's phenomenal when you drive it balls-out, like few cars on the road, but as a DD it bores me. It feels a little bit heavy, and it rides pretty rough (on Eibach springs mind you), plus it gets sorta bad gas mileage, 16-19mpg average. I love Evos, but this is my second Evo, and I just want to go back to a simpler car that I can drive hard every day without doing 120mph.

The FR-S with rims/tires/bolt-ons is what I want now.

Trap speeds can vary more than you've posted and I never said they were exact. Quoting trap speeds doesn't prove anything but here let me math it for you..

Evo X GSR details:
3515 lbs
276 hp peak
3515 / 276 = 12.73 lbs per hp

FRS details:
2758 lbs
200 hp peak
2758 / 200 = 13.79 lbs per hp

If you add the ~15hp that I actually quoted

2758 / 215.5 = 12.79 lbs per hp

Good enough maths for you? And I bet the FR-S has more useable power under the curve while the stock Evo X hit's peak boost mid range and tapers off from 5k to redline.