Old 04-15-2019, 10:46 AM   #11
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
Are the Classifieds being perpetrated by higher than normal scammers as of lately? I'm trying to sell something and it seems like everybody wants to send money with Paypal.
When I question that method and give alternatives that are both safer and cheaper, they ghost me. I've already had several incidents in the past with Paypal and lost enough
money not want to use Paypal any more.

I certainly don't trust Paypal and even more when somebody is new in here and comes in to buy from the Classified with no or low post count.The transactions in here are soley based
on a mutual trust for seller and buyer since it is all being done off an official purchasing site like Ebay with a little bit of protection.

I always offer any info needed to ensure I am safe to deal with. I am willing to offer that in the form of giving any personal info including proof of having other accounts on other
websites with classifieds that I use(all with 100% positive feedback), home address, personal business number used for the last 20+ years, Ebay account info, or anything to make the
buyer at ease since I am not just sending this out until I am paid.

Am I just being too cautious?
The ironic part is that Paypal is the preferred method of buying because it tends to protect the buyer more than the seller. Many of the guys that disappeared when you said you wouldn't take Paypal were probably scared off because they thought YOU were scamming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1ac View Post
Sad world.
My son just bought a screen cover from Whitestone for his new S10. Never got it. Whitestone said the post office said they left it on the porch so it was my sons fault and he had to file a claim, post office says it was delivered so he has to prove he did not get it and all of the shipping info needs to be supplied. Paypal says not their problem.
When we shipped we were responsible if not delivered.
Every one is passing the buck.
It is unfortunate but the post office is not required to ensure that a parcel sent by general mail get's into your hands but just to the address. I always pay the bit extra to ensure that a signature is required since this forces them to actually meet a person. Any parcel sent general is not the problem of the seller, shipper nor Paypal since in all probability it was indeed stolen from the delivery point.
Dadhawk (04-15-2019), jcw99 (08-18-2019), wparsons (06-27-2019)