TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,576 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keonigt View Post
Thanks! I have ruled out BC.

Would you say that your 8k/9k spring rate was good for daily and an aggressive setup?
Quote:
Originally Posted by STV3 View Post
It's good for a sore bottom and back because that is pretty stiff, but then again that is what you want if you are going super low.
It's by no means "comfortable" but it was tolerable for every day use. The car was set like that because of what I did with the car; drifting.

I increased the front spring rates so I could ditch the front sway bar and increase the steering angle. I increased the rear rates to match and stiffen up the rear a bit more. In the end, it drove exactly how I wanted it to. It wasn't comfortable though, but then again, even in stock form I don't think the car is all that comfortable. It's not harsh, but it's not the plushest of rides.

If you run super low, you're going to need a the same spring rates or stiffer to keep from jacking up fenders and stuff.

If you don't need camber plates, and you aren't planning on scraping frame, my advice is to buy ST coilovers. $850, made by KW, and absolutely fantastic. I installed them on a friend's car a while back. The quality is very good, everything goes together nicely using some of the oem parts (which is a big plus), and it didn't make the ride any harder. Perfect entry level coilovers system for somebody just looking to have something that looks nice and drives well on a daily basis.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
STV3 (06-17-2015)