Old 01-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #465
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drambeenie View Post
I watched the words of my salesman. He never said it WILL be delivered, or it WILL arrive. He's always said "Previous orders always arrived X days after we order cars, so I think it will arrive on X day." or "It should be delivered on X day." He never gave me a definitive, but people might have misconstrued "think" "should" "probably" "Estimated" as gospel
That is the sign of a good salesman then. He gives the hope without making the promise. People will always hear what they want to hear though.

Like I said they are not necessarily lying to anybody and maybe their previous orders did indeed come in when they expected but if you say it will be there at this time and day and it is late then people will scream. If it shows up early then people will be happy but not usually so vocal in expressing that pleasure. It is much nicer to be surprised by an earlier than expected delivery that one weeks or months after you were told it would be there. This is why (back in September/October) I was so insistent that the first delivery dates would be January as clearly stated by Subaru and not the November and December ETAs that some of the dealers were telling people. They should never have gave those ETAs based on prior delivery experience since there was zero chance of it happening.
BboyRuda (01-10-2017), Drambeenie (01-10-2017)