Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
Job market is a joke. Looks good on paper. Not so good with experience.
Having just watched my son try to find an entry level job in his field after college graduation, I can attest to that.

The problem, in my experience, is that ever job posting now gets flooded with applicants of varying level of applicable experience. Sure, it's easier to find postings for jobs now, but it also is too easy to apply to postings. The best candidates often get lost in the noise, or get rejected because they missed including some keyword in their resume.

Then there are the brainless employers that post "Entry Level Position requiring 3 to 5 years of experience" ads but have the jobs salaried at the entry level position. People with experience don't apply because they know it will underpay them, and people who really are entry-level don't apply because they don't have the experience, or if they do apply they get rejected immediately because of the automated filtering.

And then employers decide to take their sweet time with the entire process, and don't communicate with candidates.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (12-09-2019), Spuds (12-09-2019), Tcoat (12-09-2019)