View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 04:49 AM   #40
padalinoboredon

Drives: 7pr9hfz$
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimmy View Post
EJ trans bolt to the EZ engines iirc. May have to convert one to RWD to make this work. May need custom driveshaft made. You'd have to rip out all ECU related wiring from engine bay and route new ones using either stand alone or factory EZ ECU. Unsure if our mounts would work, so you may need custom ones also.

I swapped the EG33 into my old Impreza a few years ago, it was quite the experience doing everything myself. Wiring was probably the most time consuming since I was able to use factory mounting points and the trans bolted right up. Also had to chop up my rad support and customize that whole thing.

Excuse the dates on the pics, it was actually 2011.

The swap won't be everyones cup of tea, as many will feel it ruins the car and it's purpose. Much like Miata owners who shun larger engine swaps because it ruins the perfect 50/50 WD. But if you go this route, and finish, the smile on your face the first time you start it up and the even bigger smile on your face when you feel the wonderful amount of torque in early RPMs will be hard to wipe off.
Great job...

Sent from my TECNO BD4h using Tapatalk
padalinoboredon is offline   Reply With Quote