View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 02:36 PM   #1199
wutsaiu

Drives: 2015 Raven V8
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinS View Post
Found a company offering a 2JZ to FRS harness for the ECU Masters EMU Black. Interested in how well the canbus works.

I am still weighing the options of staying LS and rebuilding it, or switching to K20 or 2JZ. I like the idea of 2J sounding great with good power, and being able to use my current transmission easily. I just don't like how heavy and large it is. It's also considerably more expensive to build over the K20.

K20 is small and light, but I am worried the power I am looking for will make it lazy. I know there are way around this, but something I really enjoy about the LS is how easy it is to drive.

I will need to get custom bellhousing and clutch setup, but I think quicktime should be able to handle the bellhousing. Plan is to call them here in a bit on lunch.
Just stay LS, changing now would cost more than fixing it. I spun a bearing on my 6.2 LS; took it out, flipped it upside down without taking the heads off, new crank and bearings and threw it back in the car. Been working for two years now including track days. I know your issue is totally different but my point is just replace what's broken and push forward. I must comment I'm only using GM parts though, no aftermarket stuff. Don't give up on LS, maybe just give up on certain companies.
wutsaiu is offline   Reply With Quote