View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 02:05 AM   #46
Astral Abyss

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
You don't even have to put the automatic in manual mode to use the paddle shifters. As soon as you start using them the car switches to manual automatically until coming to a stop.

I got an automatic because my last car was a manual Mustang 5.0 with the track pack. Only way to get that option was to get the time bomb of a transmission known as the MT-82. I'm done with shifting for a while after dealing with that pile of junk.

Automatic actually connects me with the car better. I find I can just relax and drive the car instead of worrying about RPM and what gear I'm in. Sometimes i like to just crank the stereo and not deal with shifting. Nice not having to worry about some moron screwing it up cause he doesn't know how to get it in reverse or even drive a manual when I have work done on it. I also like the low cruising RPM while on the highway @ 75 mph vs at least 3500 if I had the manual. Going to help with drone if i go aftermarket exhaust I would image. Or not... Plus 80% of my driving is highway during rush hour so it was an easy choice.
Astral Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astral Abyss For This Useful Post:
FRed-S (08-31-2015), Hoahao (08-31-2015)