Old 06-17-2018, 12:01 AM   #8179
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR-ZED View Post
So Sprintex keeps offering rebates on this... last month it was a $1k rebate and now (for the next 3 days) it is a $1500 rebate.

I would get the 210 SPS, but I find that
1. I really would like the 335, but can't drop $10k to build the engine right now. Might decide to do that later...
2. The dyno comparison thread clearly shows that the Sprintex kit is great on the low end, but after about 4,000 RPMs the other kits like the Jackson Racing really out perform it.

Convince me one way or the other? Those who have chosen sprintex, any regrets about not going with another SC kit?
I am not an FI expert so hopefully others will chyme in to. But a few things

I read the 335 is too big of a blower to use for low boost, meaning you need a built engine or it will be very inefficient running low boost.

Also most of the dynos/dyno comparisons I see the 210 is on 7-9psi where as the other chargers are 9+, or ppl are on diff octane 91 vs 93 or cats vs no cats etc... not a 1 to 1 comparison.

I would not be surprised if both running 8psi same octane if the sprintex ideal ifficiency was in that 7-9 range resulting in having the least parasitic loss to spin the blower meaning more max power and/or possibly having the power sooner meaning more power through out the powerband.

I am sure someone may have the data/physics to back up or dispute these claims. But I think you are basically supposed to pick the smallest blower that can still handle the max boost you want to run and maintain it till redline. And for non built engines over 8psi is playing with Fire.

I am basically in same boat as you deciding between sprintex 210 vs Edelbrock, Harrop, or possibly JRSC but I only want to run 7-8psi myself. So leaning towards sprintex.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86TOYO2k17 For This Useful Post:
BR-ZED (06-17-2018)