Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *LongFella View Post
Thanks for this!

I pretty much did everything you listed several times Saturday and Sunday. It was frustrating to say the least...

I talked to Jackson Racing yesterday and set an appointment to visit the shop Monday. SEMA's all week so they won't have time until then.

I've concluded the thermostatic plate seal is not properly sealing, similar to your previous situation. Based on what you said about the seal, I'm thinking it's not suppose to be lose and come out?

The Jackson Racing plate seemed fine too, but hard to tell once oil fills up in the cup. I made sure there was any tension from the oil lines so they weren't pulling anything.

Any chance you know where to get new seals or did they just replace the entire plate???
The seal on the plate is designed to come out but based on my experience once it does integrity is compromised. In my case perrin sent me new gaskets and lines for my kit and I wound up buying a new Mocal plate on my own. The new one did not leak. Also I used conical washers on my lines at the pressure fittings as well because too many R/Is has seeping at the fittings. Id just get a new Mocal plate and call it a day.