View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #4162
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,818 Times in 16,426 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Well, after saying I wouldn't do it, I ordered up and installed an aftermarket muffler.

Yep, a "Nameless" axle back unit arrived 6 days after I ordered it (pretty darn quick - huh).

I got the version with the 5" mufflers (thank goodness).

It's was a breeze to install. I WD-40-ed the two nuts and shot up under the rubber hangars with a "hot shot", a mixture of hot water and dish soap. I had a syringe left over from my days of experimenting with chemical compounds.

OK, after trying to get my tri-focal glasses to cooperate, and my arms to bend in un-natural ways, while lying on a cold, damp concrete floor, to get the old muffler off the hangars ..... I decided to take a coffee break.

I put the keys in the ignition, packed up the new muffler and drove up the road to my favorite automotive shop, where they put the car on a lift, and swapped out the muffler, while I had a cup of coffee and read part of a car magazine.

How does it sound? Just great, for a boxer-4. I'm sure glad I didn't get the muffler delete or the 4" muffler versions. I growls a bit upon acceleration, but quiets down at cruising speed.

I'm happy ....... and mrs humfrz is totally impressed ....

humfrz
Attached Images

Last edited by humfrz; 11-12-2013 at 12:26 AM.
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
BabaYaga (08-14-2014), Evil Jesus (11-12-2013), fazm (11-12-2013)