View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 08:13 PM   #5197
steved

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I don't know if the rad fans will do anything when you're hitting track speeds but I think it would help in the paddock for cool down. My concern is that with ambient temps ~60F and you're hitting ~240F and have to turn the heater on, that when its 90F ambient you're going to see 270F which is the same issue I have with the dual cooler.

Someone tried to explain thermal dynamics to me at one point but too far out of my realm. From what I've observed in a practical sense there is a direct correlation between a change in ambient temp and a change in oil temp when you're running at full tilt with the dual cooler.

As far as the hood vents go I was reading one of Varus threads on their implementation and they did not observe a decrease in engine temp, the real advantage was some external engine components such as coils were at lower temps which might lead to longer life, and reduced hood flutter. I would think decreased heatsoak as well but I always prop my hood after a session. Ref: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...8&postcount=11

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches View Post
Yes, temps were low (60 or under). I ordered a trac box (replacement for beastronix) with an option to turn the fans on, that should be a better option than using the heater.
steved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steved For This Useful Post:
sroby (11-20-2019)