View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 06:59 PM   #100
FrickingReallySlow

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for taking the photos for us. Also hopefully you get yourself back on the road soon.

There's no guessing from what caused it, its the oil pan RTV. From experience based on Gen1, even roughly 15%-20% blockage on that oil pickup was detrimental. There's pics from the J02 recall and other oil starvation threads where the RTV was "spiking" through the oil pickup (since it was easily removaable)

You can see here that it was broken off from the oil pan (red circles) and areas where it hasn't broken off yet (rounded rectangle). On the corresponding side of the upper oil pan I didn't see any residual RTV stuck there, unless maybe dealer ripped it off during disassembly.

I see you got your car in November in Tennessee. How cold was the winter? did you drive it a lot in the winter time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeout View Post
I went by the dealer today. The field engineer had been out there and inspected it. They told me that they had couple of theories why the rod spun, but nothing conclusive. They did let me take pictures, so judge yourself.

The spun rod was the one closest to the front of the engine.
Attached Images

Last edited by FrickingReallySlow; 07-25-2022 at 07:13 PM.
FrickingReallySlow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FrickingReallySlow For This Useful Post:
DylanJZA (07-25-2022), Jdmjunkie (07-25-2022), NoHaveMSG (07-25-2022), Rustyoid (07-25-2022)