wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,352 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFR-s View Post
I went off because of paying attention to what was beside me as we approached the braking zone for the last corner to make sure he had room. That was my fault for trying to be too courteous, lesson learned.

I didn't go across the track either. the video doesn't show it but the front pulled, back twisted and I stayed in my "lane" not clear across the track. It was close but not that close.

I'm still trying to learn the ways of the track as I'm new to competition and new to that track. That was also the 2nd session when it was still cold and wet (IIRC).

I'm not trying to argue, just trying to give the whole picture. I know you're involved in the racing world (all the lapping day posts and such) and want to make sure I'm not repeating mistakes.
And I'm not trying to be a **** or make you feel bad about it... just trying to impart just how serious it could have been.

If you're giving a pass it's your job to back off the gas and stay on line, it's the job of the person doing the passing to get by you safely.