Steve Bodalenko

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddbutter View Post
Thats exactly what mine was doing too..
Sometimes I just hate being right!

Have it booked in at Chasers for next Tuesday. Glenn’s looking in to whether to go for the one you had installed or the next one up. Told him you mentioned the next level up might have been a better option. He seems to think the clutch you had installed is up to dealing with the Harrop, which I’ve again had to postpone, this time because of this clutch.

Just wondering what the break in period is for them? I want to have the Harrop installed a week after the clutch is done and worried I might not have enough k’s on it to allow for pulls on the Harrop dyno.

UPDATE:

Cars booked in for the TKY-8536HDCB. $1300 installed. Dropping in today and picking up Tuesday.

Turned out to be Wednesday as I had the car serviced as well. First impressions of the TKY-8356HDCB? Very little travel before take up compared to the OEM. Gear changes are a LOT smoother and I say that as an owner who was lucky enough to have a well behaved box from new. Break in period is near on nil. Just drive as per normal and with common sense with no launches till a couple of tanks of fuel have been used. Not that I ever launch the car anyway.

What was strange is that according to my installer my car came with a pink HD Exedy clutch as OEM! Something he’s never seen before in any 86 he’s changed the clutch out of. Since I’m the original and only owner I know for a fact the clutch till the throwout bearing started getting noisy, has never been touched apart from when the recall was done and doubt Toyota decided to update it FOC. As it was the clutch and pressure plater were in excellent condition so will be going on the market very soon.

Last edited by Bodalenko; 09-19-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Bodalenko is offline   Reply With Quote