View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 11:48 PM   #14
NLS8520

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_kar View Post
So you would recommend m105 to take care of the swirls and small water stains? Also, should I use m205 polish on top of that and then apply Larry's product? Or could I get away with just using the m205 polish since it is a new car and compound might be overkill.
Pad dependent. M105 on a white pad with a few passes might be all that is needed, with M205 finishing on a black pad. OR M205 on a white/orange pad might be enough to remove the damage, then follow that up with M205 on a gray pad for a finishing polish. M205 has a decent amount of cut for a finishing polish, on softer paint systems it should bring your paint to a level where no compound is needed. A test spot and working with good lighting is probably your best bet to determine what is needed if your looking for 90% or better correction. If you want to make it real easy and one step it, M205 and a white polishing pad 4-6 section passes will get the paint looking probably very nice for 80% of people. Depends on how far you want to take it and how long you want to be out there working on the car. I am hoping this is making sense, feel free to hit me up if any ?. Either way I would strongly advice a thorough water and IPA(look online for cut percentages), or eraser wipe down before applying a coating
NLS8520 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NLS8520 For This Useful Post:
drew_kar (12-09-2015)