View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 07:52 PM   #13
thinkV

Drives: BRZ Turbo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post
What does your radiator stack look like? What ordered? Can you try driving with bumper off to see if it's an airflow problem during low speeds?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Hi mate, here is a picture of my setup, the stack is
(Rear) Radiator | Intercooler | Oil cooler (front)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
Is there any way you can show us pictures of your setup? Honestly to me it sounds like a heatsoak problem, but it'd be easier to identify if we could see some pictures of your setup. Most specifically, if the intercooler is in front of the oil cooler or not. Your headers are definitely going to add heat to the oil pan.
AS above, my intercooler is behind the oil cooler.

Here is a picture of my engine bay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZT86 View Post
@thinkV

Where in oz are you ? Have you mentioned this to whomever built your engine/setup ? I'd wonder if the thermostat on that oil cooler is opening at or before 85C, would consider testing and/or changing it. I'd bet the Penrite 10Tenths oil of the same weight will help you a lot !

12psi at idle is not a problem (factory rec at least 15psi/1K rpm from memory), my car idles (700-750rpm) at pretty much the same pressure with 0W20, about 95C 18C ambient air
I am in Victoria, but this is occurring on cold nights too (8 degrees, still idle at 105). My idle is 900rpm roughly, with 12-14psi, but this is with 5w40 as well.

I will try penrite at some point, unfortunately I'm bound to Valvoline for the first year with engine builder.

Is there any way to test that the thermostat is working? It should be opening at 85 degrees, but the climb from 85-105 is quite steady. It def dropped my original temps though.
thinkV is offline   Reply With Quote