steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumberculies View Post
So I just had something similar happen to me a little over a week ago.

P000B fault code comes up for me. I have a 2016 BRZ. Happened 6 days after installing JDL UEL catless headers with OFT stage tune UEL 93 Oct tune. Reverted ECU back to stock and still had the issue show up. My car is at the dealership now and even though my OFT had said it flashed the ECU back to stock, the dealership is saying that the ECU is showing it's been modified (something about an ignition count of 20 or w/e, not fully sure). I checked with OFT before taking the car in and it showed the stock tune as being loaded. Really wish I would have taken pictures before hand.

Were you ever able to figure out if this is caused by the header or the tune. I would think it would be the tune and don't really know how it could be caused by just the header. This is something I've been trying to figure out for a while now, but just can't seem to get a straight answer. From what I'm reading it definitely seems like it's the tune that caused a small defect to finally present itself.

What the dealer is talking about with "Ignition count" is the number of starts the ecu has recorded since the ecu was reflashed or RESET. A Reset can be just removing a batter terminal or a flat battery. They have no proof it was reflashed, they have seen header and are trying you on.

The oft will have put a byte for byte stock rom back in the car. just say you tried resetting ecu by removing a battery terminal a couple of days ago, or read and reset codes/ecu with a scan tool. either of those will also reset all the counters like start counts, DTC on/off times in ECU.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote