FastLap

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem00n View Post
Oh you live in Florida? Traffic there?
Nah!

On a car like this it doesn't really matter if you get AT or MT performance wise, hell its starting to turn into that for all cars! Some of us bought the AT cause we thought it was an interesting automatic, some of us like paddle shifters, some of us drive in traffic daily and don't want to have our gearbox to suffer and then some of us just don't know how to drive MT. To dismiss automatic gearboxes by themselves is just plain foolish.

Alright, i'm done on this topic forever.
Well, I actually haven't lived in Florida very long... I honestly don't get what the issue is with MT and traffic.

Like I said, to each their own. All I know is I've tried AT's and can't get used to it. I had a VW R32 with the DSG AT which is arguably one of the best ATs out there, and I sold it within 3 months. I feel like if you don't HAVE to use the paddle shifters, then there's really no point in ever using them. It sounds strange, but I'd rather them put the paddle shifters in but remove any automatic control so it still works like a manual transmission just with paddles instead of a clutch pedal and shift lever.
FastLap is offline   Reply With Quote