View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 04:58 PM   #8
CounterSpace Garage

Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtle View Post
Hey, Everyone, I have been trying to decide on exhaust upgrades to improve the sound and power potential of my FR-S without going overboard on volume.

Exhaust System Goals:
-Provide enough flow to increase power and accommodate a Jackson Racing supercharger in the future.
-Improve exhaust tone without going overboard of volume (This is my daily driver so I want to avoid too much noise, even after supercharging).
-Remain street legal (I am in Colorado, and not familiar with what you can usually get away with so any advice there would be great).
-Add lightness.

Any advice on putting a system togeather would be great. I have been reading up on different parts and listening to videos but its hard to compare a video to what I will experience IRL. Do I need a catted header to remain legal? If only one cat is required for legality would a catted header or front pipe be the better choice? Is 2.5" enough or should I consider something larger?

I am thinking an equal length header (haven't decided which one or whether it should be catted). Something like an Invidia Q300, which leaves the front pipe to replace with a catted or resonated section to keep sound in check. Ideally, it would be louder than stock but not much even after supercharging, but at the very least I want to avoid any drone to keep its everyday driveability.

Thoughts?
CSG Touring86 exhaust paired with the JRSC is a very good setup with minimal to no drone. We have the most experience with a variety of setups for the JRSC. Please let us know if you have any inquiries. Thank you!
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CounterSpace Garage For This Useful Post:
Jmonty (04-17-2017)