View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 05:29 AM   #32
Bodalenko
Steve Bodalenko

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Regardless of whether they fix your car, which they will in the end, like me you’ll always be wary of ANY insignificant noise even if it’s not related to the recall. I’m watching my oil pressure gauge and AFR gauge as much as I watch the road at the moment!

Not only has this recall resulted in owners being put out and good engines being opened in many cases for probably no reason, it’s also rattled the confidence people once had in their cars. I’ve put off an install of a harrop twice now purely because of the reported and my own personal experiences after the recall. Where once I had no qualms about out laying the best part of $10k, apart from the usual should I or shouldn’t I do this, on my car I’m now seriously reassessing the Harrop based purely on the issues surrounding this recall..

At what point is it that the has car done enough hours or enough k’s to be 100%, or even 99% sure it’s passed the danger point?

I initially thought a new short long motor complete with new heads and springs was the answer but given even that still involves human hands to install and connect everything up I don’t know if even that is the answer now.

As soon as you factor in human involvement whether it be sealant cleaning off, sealing adding, removing the engine, or re-installing the engine you have a chance of a problem.

As a byline, When I mentioned to Harrops that the recall was taking just three days from drop off to pickup they just shook their collective heads and laughed. As far as they were concerned, and they do this shit all the time, it was at least a five day job!

Happened to be over at Essendon Honda getting the wife’s car serviced and walked across to the Nissan dealership. That brand new 370Z Nismo at just $66k drive away looked like very nice and very tempting! Might be easier just to bite the bullets and cut the losses on the 86’s.

Last edited by Bodalenko; 05-09-2019 at 04:28 PM.
Bodalenko is offline   Reply With Quote