Old 04-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #7270
t.chk

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganthrithor View Post
Drove it. Another ~100 miles of winding-road goodness. Unfortunately my usual long drive route was completely clogged with Harley riders today. If anyone on here's ever owned a Harley, I have a question about the dealerships: is there some kind of blood-oath they make you swear, to never drive faster than 2/3's of the speed limit and never allow other motorized vehicles to pass? Is there a provision about never wearing proper safety gear?

I still had fun (it's hard to avoid having fun when I get the BRZ on a curvy road), but man was it frustrating having to sit behind bikers most of the time, doing Prius speeds. It seems like they actively do everything they can to make passing them impossible, too. Total assholes. I was really jealous of guys on sportbikes who can fit around them easily, and who seem to get a free pass and a friendly wave from the Harley crowd just for also having two wheels.
There is no blood oath...I own a sportster 1200C and I do 5 over the speedlimit pretty regularly. But, it can not take a corner very well. They handle like old Buicks.

The safety gear thing is hit and miss with most riders. I usually have gloves, jacket, and helmet. But some (for whatever reason) believe that detracts from the "open air" of riding a bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgionet View Post
There's a reason many riders refer to Harleys as rolling road blocks. I know from experience that the sport bikes aren't getting a free pass and a friendly wave, they're blowing past them and getting flipped off. Or maybe I'm a bit bitter because I was flipped off by 7 Harley riders Sunday on my BMW that isn't even a sportbike.

Pilot Super Sports arriving today
I have not gotten flipped off by anyone yet. But that is because when I ride I am usually with my friend who has a sport bike. So I guess I have an in with the sport bike crowd and I have a ballpeen hammer mounted on the left side of my bike...might be why everyone else does not flip me off (its there because its apart of a 'tool kit' for the bike)
t.chk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to t.chk For This Useful Post:
Ganthrithor (04-15-2014)