Old 07-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #80
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear99 View Post
- The piping rubbing/touching almost everywhere ( Hood - frame - bracket ) with the engine vibration mouvements probably. ( Too tight of a fit )

- Piping rubbing with the belt problem.

- The washer bottle that need to be cut for install.

- The need of a grinder when installing to melt the metal on a bracket or something.

- The instructions supplied with the kit that look vague not enough accurate.

- The simple fact of mounting their intercooler look like it was a pita for him and should normally be an easy task.

- The supercharge is not making enough noise for my personnal taste. When I watch this guy videos I dont see the difference with the sound inside the car before / after that make the car now feel like a totally new beast.
When you go forced induction, it is fun when you can clearly hear your new investment like a turbo spooling sound or a whine sound coming from a supercharge. It look like the vortech is very quiet from the inside.
Just to expand on my personal experiences, I did not have any problems with the pipe rubbing on the belt. I believe this to be installer error, as the brackets are slotted to allow different placement of the pipe. I checked this pipe during my install and had to adjust it on the slotted bracket to allow plenty of clearance.

The washer bottle does not need to be cut for the install. The plastic fill tube gets cut, however you can easily go back to stock by just using the rubber coupler they included to join the 2 halves back together.

I get no rubbing/rattling of pipes anywhere, minus the slight dent it made in the hood insulation. The innovate kit has the same issue except with the blower pulley from what I gather.

I had no problems with the instructions. The intercooler bolts sucked, but I was able to mount it by myself with no help.

I can hear my supercharger from idle to about 2500rpm, after that my exhaust makes hearing anything at all pretty hard.

The dramatic supercharger install video was dramatic and showcases potential issues installing the kit... which is what I am sure the purpose of the video was, to educate.... However it does not mean that you are going to have all of these problems, its just something to watch out for... in pretty much ANY aftermarket FI kit.

I have not had to open the hood to adjust anything since the install, I personally had a very smooth install with no issues afterwards. I did install a louder (and less plastic) bypass valve, because I am a sucker(maybe even a ricer) for noises on throttle let-off

I can really only speak from my standpoint though, everyone has different conditions/tools/experience/expectations
2019 Series.Grey STI - Stage1+ SF
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DJCarbine For This Useful Post:
NoFear99 (07-17-2013)