Thread: EZ Car lift
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #12
PatrickSAN

Drives: SWP GR 5DR
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slightly late to the party in replying here, but at a weight of only ~150 lb., the ez car lift seems like a good option for suspension and even exhaust work. Having the open center allows it to do a lot of things that a traditional scissor lift can't do.

I do wish that the lifting mechanism was hand-pump (like a traditional floor jack) and not the drill-driven mechanism. And it would be nice to have mechanical safety stops to supplement the mechanical lift, once you have ut at the desired height.

I was waffling between this and the MaxJax 2-post portable lift and am leaning this way after thinking about the ease of setup and the portability. You can even wheel this into the driveway and use it outside.

The cost of this unit is not that bad if you compare it to other lifts that allow the same functionality. Sure, scissor lifts are cheaper, but you can't do as much. 2-post (permanent) are very useful but take up a lot of space. And the ~20-minute setup and teardown time of the MaxJax makes me think that I'd probably not bother setting it up half of the times when I might use the ezcarlift.

Just my thoughts.
PatrickSAN is offline   Reply With Quote