Old 07-01-2015, 02:42 AM   #65
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Okay, you guys are more than due for an update!

SHE DRIVES! AND BOY IS SHE FAST! The car pulls hard in honestly every gear, it's insane. I'm interested to see how much it weighs because it pulls way harder than I expected. Plus I only got into VTEC (yo) once and that was for less than two seconds. Here is an assortment of videos that were taken while I was giving everyone rides:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsS5H8NzvWs"]Taking the Mini Out Pt.1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YroIcvkG9Ww"]Taking the Mini Out Pt.2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liJ9MD483cU"]Taking the Mini Out Pt.3 - YouTube[/ame]

The exhaust is stupid loud, as it is basically a straight piped Honda, but it sounds good and I'm happy. You'll also notice that the rear rubs because I need new rubber cones and there's a pretty gnarly belt squeal that I need to figure out.

Obviously, as you can see there is a lot to be done still, but this is definitely a big milestone in the build.

To get to this point, I was putting in some work getting the brake lines done and finally figured out the reason why I was getting leaks at the master cylinder no matter what I did. Turns out Wilwood taps their masters with a 1/8-27 NPT outlet, despite the fact that everything else is 3/8-24 UNF. So all this time, I have just had the wrong thread and needed to buy some $7 adapters. I sure wish somebody would have told me that a year ago, but I digress. I got the brakes bled and ready to go:

I also got a new Mini MPI fuel tank with pump assembly and sender and the promptly got rid of the pump and threw in a Walbro 255.

Then I installed the original seat frame (with some old pillows for padding) and the new steering column and steering wheel.

Then after a late night "first drive" (I got about ten feet), I realized the tire was fouling on the radiator at only a little bit of lock. (Thanks MiniTec...)

So I busted out the angle grinder and my handy Flux-Core Welder (Please Santa, get me a MIG) and made a mount that mounted far more inward. Then I braced it to one of the valve cover bolts for stability...

(I'll get a picture of this soon)

And this brings the Mini to where it sits now!

I have a bunch of parts on order and a bunch of parts waiting to be installed. Including a set of Corbeau A4s in Alcantara and some 4-point harnesses.

Plus, I got some KAD steering rack limiters and some rear Hi-Lo Adjustable trumpets and upgraded rubber springs on the way. Hopefully over the next month I'll get it to a point where it will be a solid driving car and then send it off to paint.

Fingers Crossed! Thanks for reading!

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention! I designed a logo that I am putting on my custom gauges!

(The logo ended up being a bit smaller and actually red, not pink)

It's gonna be MAAAAADDDDD!!!!
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
bcj (07-01-2015), srizzors25 (07-01-2015), swarb (07-01-2015)