View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #40
DB86

Drives: Toyota 86 Pearl White
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriktherod View Post
It is unfortunate to hear you having this much trouble with Toyota. Perhaps their South African branch is not nearly as... understanding as the US one.

I've detailed my own engine failure experience here in this subforum, but yours makes me even more worried at the possibility of the rear wheels locking up. My second engine failure occurred during rush hour on the interstate here, that would caused a huge multi-car pile up. My car is still under 30K miles.

The dealership and Toyota have been very straightforward and helpful with me. When I had my first engine failure, they immediately replaced the small block and all bearings, gasksets, and seals. It would have easily been a $5k repair with parts and labor.

Unfortunately, my car is at the dealership as we speak due to the second engine failure which seems more catastrophic this time around.
We seem to have had almost the exact same experience. Toyota techs also say it was a damaged bearing that started it and eventually wrecked the engine.
DB86 is offline   Reply With Quote