Old 09-21-2018, 01:40 AM   #3
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erebuswarrior View Post
I've been doing a lot of research and testing trying to figure out the best way to get pops+fire out the exhaust on NA FRS/BRZ/86's. I know it's pretty easy to do on FI with overrun but I won't be going FI for awhile. So far I've found I like overrun logic pops way better then editing base timing b. That lurching motion is awful and overrun=downshift rev matching pops is perfect lol. I've noticed that changing pulse width influences how it pops. 0.8ms is the easiest to get to pop and is pretty sharp all the time. Going to 1.8ms, to 2.8ms, it can be harder to do on demand but you can get some nice ones when downshift rev matching. I'll link a photo to what I'm currently running. Just looking to see if anyone has ideas on how to elicit fire and maybe get this to work with LC like a faux antilag? I know again in FI you can get 2 step antilag systems that pop and make good flames, but I want to see how close we can get to that on NA. Hoping this will be purely productive, I get there's the whole "why do that, why do this" side of the fence, and my goal isn't to argue about pops vs no pops. This isn't just for me, it's to help the BRZ/FRS/86 community in general for those who are interested in this kind of tune add on.

UPDATE 1:
So I've been spending time messing around with what works and doesn't work. If anyone checks back on this thread just know I'm still working on figuring it out since I can't find anyone to spill the beans lol. The below values are no longer anywhere near what I'm using now to achieve decent flames, these are the tables I've been messing with however just different values. Next I'll be figuring out what fueling tables to changed that will only hopefully affect fueling during overrun. I'll update this thread once I've figured it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr-steezz View Post
You figure it out?

I'm interested if this ended up working as well. Although I already had my fun with the pops and bangs tune edits on 93 and wouldn't put it on e85, I'm very interested on whether or not it worked. Also e85 is worse mpg as it is, I wonder how much of a hit this added as well.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote